Sunday, September 20, 2015

The words are back, perhaps

It is amazing what a little sleep can do, or I should say close to normal sleep. We still generally wake up at least once a night. The record is making it all the way until 5am(but that's Ellie sleepign not me, I wake up at least twice eto check on her), but I've really got no complaints. Besides how loopy sleep deprivation makes me, I really don't mind getting up with Ellie. Pretty much, I'm a sad sack who thinks 8+ hours is just too long to be away from her. Sometimes after I feed her in the wee morning hours I will want to just cuddle her for a bit, she is a great sleeper and prefers her bed, so she will start to fuss in my arms until I lay her down where se can stretch out and go to sleep. We were blessed with such a happy little baby. At this rate I'm thinking we could handle at least 15 more. (It's a little fun to see the color leave Peter's face when I say that.) All this to say, I'm finally feeling more like myself. I'm able to hold a conversation well, or at least much better that I was just 1 month in and my feelings and creativity are returning. It is a good feeling. I was slightly concerned that I'd never return from the haze of being a new mom. It helps that Peter has started school and we are all getting into a good routine. I craved routine all summer, but its hard with a growing infant who had her own ever changing schedule. I think the words miht be back. We'll see if they are here to stay.

No comments:

Post a Comment